1. SwingTECH Height
Stand erect and secure a SwingTECH attachment at your shoulder level. It needs to be at shoulder level to accomodate your height and arm length. SwingTECH will work for you — whether you are right handed of a lefty!
2. SwingTECH Distance
Make a “T” with the simulated club with the top of the “T” parallel to the ground. Bring the SwingTECH club handle to your belt buckle to approximate the correct distance for your setup. Now drop the “T” down and line it up with your toe line by stepping slightly back or forward.
- Your feet should be shoulder width with feet flared.
- Flex knees and keep them in line with your ankles.
- Bend from the waist about 30 degrees.
- The arms and shoulders form a triangle
- Keep head high, straight, and in line with the spine.
4. Take Away
- The take-away and turn consist of a little bit of turn and a lot of lift.
- Turn only enough to get the left arm over the toe line.
- Maintain the wrist angle established at setup.
- Left arm slightly higher than the right.
- Thumbs are facing up.
- This is the end of your backswing turn; from here it is all lift with the shoulders
- Keep palms perpendicular to ground.
At the top of Backswing:
- Plenty of head room.
- Back friendly, about 70 degree turn.
- Right knee and hip are in line
- Knees are wide
- Club over right shoulder
5. Forward Swing – Impact
- Before you reach the top of your backswing, your lower body, hips and legs “slide” left toward the target.
- The “slide” causes your upper body to bow slightly to the right.
- Swing the club straight down and straight up again.
- Your weight rolls to the outside of the left foot and the right foot start to turn toward the target
- Both knees are flexed and moving toward the target.
- The arms have returned to an extended triangle
- Body still slightly bowed because of flexed left knee.
- Left wrist still flat and palms still perpendicular
- Left arm and shaft are in a straight line
6. Follow Through and Finish
- Right arm and shaft are pointing toward the target.
- Left knee is less flexed as body is beginning to stand up.
- Weight is shifting to your left leg so your right foot is coming up fast.
- Explode to your left side
- Stand up as soon as possible
- Left arm is at right angle with hands near our ear
- Chest, belt buckle, right knee cap and shoelace all point at the target
- All weight is on the left foot
- Arms recoil back down in front of your body
- Club is pointed at the target